Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

3D Week 02 (Minecraft-ish Level)

For this assignment we have to make a beveled cube, edit the UVs and create textures for them. I wasn't able to keep up with when this was due for the actual class so did it after and basically just did enough to see that it all worked since the third assignment is group based. I did however have some fun making some character based block textures.
Here is a test texture that is used to test if the sides show up where I expect them to. I cut the UVs so that the squares coorespond with:
Right  Top  Front
Left  Bottom Back
Left however had to be turned upside down.
Here Is the test texture on the cube in Maya:



Here are a couple of the other textures I made:
 Here are all the textures I made shown on sets of cubes:
Ninja Turtles front
Ninja Turtles back (the tie part of the bandanas)
Steven Universe minimalist character blocks

Water, Fabric/Wrapping Paper, and Space (at least that was the idea) After that I started getting them into Unreal.

Here I see proof of the statement that what looks nice in Photoshop and Maya may look entirely different in Unreal.
 On a silly note Mikey's bandana and eyes suddenly looks like a shaded dog face somehow.
Some things looked even more unusual when on the blocks then in the texture preview. Ultimately here is a very simple level with all the block types in it:

No comments:

Post a Comment